Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Homemade Har Gow

Where are my manners?  My roommate... named Eric... LOVES Dim Sum.  There's been several occasions where the words "dim sum" was used in a sentence... and his eyes lit up like a barbie doll.  LOL.

Maybe that was just funny to me.  Anyways, story was when we were grocery shopping... he "lit up" again and asked if I can make Har Gow.  It sounded like a great challenge.... I took it like a champ.

There were a few technical difficulties... BUT it was pretty successful...

Chop chop CHOMP.
 I ended up putting this in the fridge to marinate it over-night!
 This bag of rice flour had the WORST instructions ever.  I'm Cantonese myself... and the english and Cantonese didn't match.  So I wasted the whole thing and had to make my own batch.  I got lucky that it was only flour, corn starch and water.  I hate you.





Voila!

There not super har gow shaped but don't judge!  I'm pooped out from this challenge... this ruined my dim sum eating abilities.  I'm going to appreciate it more and eat slower... not that I eat fast... at all.


No comments:

Post a Comment